If a person is under the negative influence of the planet Mars, he/she is said to be a mangalik. There are twelve houses in a person’s horoscope chart. If Mars comes in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th house of the ascendant chart, astrologically the person concerned is said to have mangal dosha. It is also known by other names such as Bhom Dosha, Kuja Dosha and Angaraaka Dosha.
mangal dosha assumes greater significance when it comes to marriage because it is one of the most important parameters considered at the time of horoscope matching. A person’s horoscope has to be checked for Magal Dosha and compatibility has to be ensured before finalising the marriage. Therefore, if one wishes to lead successful marital life, position of Mars in the horoscope needs to be analysed thoroughly.
Are you manglik? Do you have mangal dosha?
Check the presence of manglik dosh in your birth chart.
Characteristics of Mangal Dosh
- People of both the sexes can have mangal dosha
- Mars is the planet of fiery aggression symbolysing will-power and confidence, so Mangalik are aggressive and hot-tempered by nature.
- Negatively It means intolerance, competition, argument, conflict, dominion and finally disaster.
- Fiery Mangaliks have lots of energy within. This dynamicenergy needs to be constructively channelized; or else it becomes destructive.
- mangal dosha affects mental life and causes tension and discord in marriage.
- It causes delay in marriage
- In some cases, Mangaliks are victimised in marriage.
- The ill-effects of mangal dosha is nullified if the person is born on Tuesday.
- Marriage between two Mangaliks also negates the ill-effects.
- It is believed that those who had ill-treated their partners in the previous birth will have this dosha.
The ill-effects of Mangal Dosha
- When Mars is in the first house, conflicts and violence in marriage is predicted.
- When Mars is in the second house, it affects the person’s family causing trouble in marriage and profession.
- When Mars is in the fourth house, the person fails to succeed on the professional front, switching jobs.
- When Mars is in the seventh house, the excess energy within makes the person ill-tempered. Cordial relationship with family members is almost impossible because of the domineering nature.
- When Mars is in the eighth house, being alienated from elders, the person loses paternal property.
- When Mars is in the tenth house, the person suffers from mental problem and incurs financial losses besides having enemies.
Mangal Dosha; Remedies to overcome the ill-effects
A person is said to have mangal dosha if Mars comes in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th house of his /her horoscope chart. This condition is believed to have negative influence on the person’s marital life causing disharmony and tension in marriage, which in turn results in estrangement and divorce.Surely there are ways to negate the ill-effects of mangal dosha. They are listed below.
- Marriage between two mangaliks
If both the partners are mangaliks, the negativity is naturally defused.
- Kumbh Vivah
Ritualistically the mangalik first marries a banana tree, Peepal tree or a silver / gold idol of Lord Vishnu. Now the negative effect is nullified and the mangalik can get married with out any worry about mangal Dhosha.
Fasting on Tuesday is considered to be a very effective remedy. While fasting, Mangaliks are only supposed to eat Toor daal (split pidgeon daal).
- Chanting Mantras
Chanting Navgraha Mantra(Mangal Mantra) or Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesdays can produce favourable results. Chanting Gayatri manta 108 times a day is also effective.
- Performing poojas in temples
Visiting Navagraha temples mitigates the negativity caused by mangal dosha. Performig poojas and visiting Lord Hanuman temples on Tuesdays are effective ways of mitigating the ill-effects of mangal dosha.
Certain things like sword and knife are offered to propitiate Mars. Besides Foods like lenthil Daal, wheat bread, red silk and red stones are offered to Mars as an act of pacification.
- Gem stones
Astrologers advise Mangalik to wear a gold ring with a red coral on the ring finger of the right hand.
- Marriage after 28
A mangalik is advised to get married after the age of 28 because the intensity of the dosha comes down with age.